Monday, March 3, 2014

Final Words Design Essay

In this project we had to take six words that describe ourselves, and combine them together into a design that shows emphasis, contrast, repetition, alignment, balance and flow. In my project I emphasized Calm by making it larger than all the other words, and the I showed contrast with by adding a dark and a lighter red in both the words, Athletic and Caring. I showed repetition in the background of the project by repeating the word Serious over and over again. I used alignment and followed the rule of thirds by avoiding the center of the page, and by putting everything on a tilt. I also used alignment and flow to make all of my words flow together and have them all intersect at alike letters, like having the "E" and "T" from my two halves of Competitive and overlapped where the "E" and "T" would have been in Athletic. I then showed balance by putting the word Quiet on the opposite third, as far as the rule of thirds go, in smaller letters. I used all sorts of different fonts to show the true meaning of each word that I chose, and varied the scale of each word and/or letters within the words to show the flow and emphasis in the project and to meet the requirements of the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment